Sunday, October 30, 2016

Basketball Season

Has returned in full force.  Harlee has only had a couple of practices, but had her first game Friday evening!  This nana was on basketball routine since both the parents were working and Curtis had taken a Red Cross blood run.

I pick her up after school and ask her if she has her bb gear in her backpack??  She looks at me like I have 2 heads or something.  "No, nana", Was the respose.  I ask her if the magical bb fairy was going to deliver it??  I head to our house, because I thought we had a key to her house.  And yes we do, but not to their dead bolt, we find out.  I text her mum and she says to call Tim since his work is only a few blocks away!  Dad to the rescue!  I told her she needs to be better organized for this week, as I will be working and papa won't be thinking ahead.  

 And, of coarse, the game is all the way across town.  But she plays a good game and gets a couple of baskets, which makes her real happy!  This is at least her 3rd season to play and there are girls on her team who have never played before.  So, it makes it a little lop sided.  


Always fun to watch these young ones!

Yesterday, Curtis and I minded all the grandkids.  Their mum was working and their dad went hunting.
It was a pretty good day.  At one point, Cooper thought he should have his sister's markers and there was marker on my wood floors. Thank goodness for Boma wood cleaner.  Cleaned it right up.  Had to take Harlee for basketball team photos.  That was a waste of time, since only 4 girls showed up from a team of 9 or 10.  I baked some Halloween cookies and Harlee helped me decorate them!

I ran a plateful up to the NICU to help them get through the night!

Nic would stayed glued to the computer if you let him!  Notice the bow tie!!!!! He loves dress up shirts, ties and hats!

The little man and I went out to rake some leaves!

All in all it was a pretty good day.  Cooked a spaghetti dinner and they all ate up.  And were here until after 6:30.  It will be a quiet day today.  Work also thought I should be working this weekend too!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

The pictures are all so adorable!! I hope Harlee has a fun basketball season!! Nic is so cute in his bow tie!! And yum the cookies looks delicious!! What a gorgeous layout, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh...I'm tired just reading what you fit into your days, LOL! Great photos! Fabulous page! Enjoy what is left of the week. x