Monday, January 16, 2017

January Thaw!

After weeks of cold, cold weather it has warmed up!  We reached a record of the longest cold stretch ever.  From Dec1 to Jan11.  It feels almost balmy out there , except a cold wind was blowing!  Tomorrow it is to reach into the 40's, soall that snow will be melting a making a real mess out there.  

I worked all day yesterday as extra.  I was not scheduled,but the unit was busy and short staffed!  And they actually offered incentive pay.  I was pooped when I came home and hit the hay at 8:30!

The grandkids were off school today with it being Martin Luther King day.  Kirsten brought them over to go sledding in the back yard.  There are times when it is convenient havinga hill out back!  Just not when mowing the lawn!  This was Coop's first time really getting to play out in the snow!














Fun times in the old back yard.  Good thing this nana had a sled for each of them.  They are the sleds their mum and auntie used!

My gosh, it's a layout from my Australia album!




3 comments:

Susanne said...

Now there's a contrast in pictures.

Lisa said...

The kids look like they are having such a great time in the snow!! Sledding is so much fun :) Your layouts are gorgeous!! The pictures are beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

Snow Much fun...the kids are having a fabulous time, great photos Leslee. Really like your travel pages. I'm still trying to scrap ones from a few years ago..will I ever catch up?