Monday, October 15, 2012

Sydney, Nova Scotia

It was pouring rain when the ship docked in Sydney, Nova Scotia.  It was still teaming down when we got on our tour bus to visit a Historic Celtic village.  We were on the bus for about an hour and when we arrived at the Highland Village.  I liked walking around this recreated village.  There was a lady here who was the twin to Curtis sister, Deyanne.  We were able to have a cup of tea and and oat cake here.  I plan to make some of these in the near future.  They reminded me of my mum's oatmeal cookies that she filled with date filling. 
We were back to the ship by noon and they had quite a craft center as you got on and off the boat.  Lauree and I did quite a bit of shopping here for goodies to bring home.  We walked up into the town after some lunch and looked around. 
I really liked the feel of Cape Breton Island and would go back here in a heart beat, despite the rain. 















2 comments:

Tracy said...

Those crochet doilies are stunning.
wonderful photos.

cait! said...

THAT DOES LOOK JUST LIKE AUNT DEYANNE! CRAZY! Also, that is a legit cow. I like it!