Thursday, February 16, 2017

Weekend in Seattle

I was lucky enough to be in Seattle spending time with Caitlin.  After having my first flight on Friday morning cancelled I was able to get out later that afternoon.

It's just good to be with her.  Miss her spunky nature.

She picked me up and we headed to the South Centre mall to enjoy happy hour at Dukes.  I had a yummy crab cake with a Caesar salad.  And a Moscow mule. Barely off the plane and my allergies were running wild.  It had rained earlier in the day, but by the time I arrived skies were clearing and there was a gorgeous full moon.  And gale force winds.

Saturday we puttered around. We went to Second City where there were a few vintage itens for sale.  Nothing we couldn't live without.  We stopped on the way home for some ant traps, as they have decided to invade where they are living.

Yummy bowl of soup at Panera Bread.  Took her over to Costco to fill up her gas tank and pantry.  Picked up some food for dinner.  Visited my favorite stamp store.

Sunday we met up with Kyle and his folks for a yummy brunch at Luna Park restaurant.  

Monday she headed into work for a few hours.  We headed out for lunch when she got back inot far from where she lives.  And I headed back home Monday evening.  The weather cooperated wonderfully.  No rain!  Amazing.  

Tuesday was Valentine's Day and it was warm enough to enjoy a couple of steaks cooked on the grill!  At first I couldn't find Curtis' card, but it eventually showed up when I unpacked a couple of things. Cooper was especially thrilled to have a five dollar bill in his card, his mum shared with me!  

Yesterday we experienced a record high of 64F.  Wonderful for the middle of Feb and a nice break after all our cold weather.  one little patch of snow where the sun doesn't shine remains in our back yard!  

And the princess is off with her class for a morning of skiing at Showdown


The valentine card I forgot to leave with Cait and is off in the mail to her.  






2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the tree background and the heart balloon!! So beautiful!! We are having unseasonably warm temps, too and are expected to be in the 60's for at least five days!! Yay, spring!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card :)
Sounds like a lovely time with your daughter.
We have had a lot of rain here, which is very odd, but still a lot of high snow banks.