Sunday, March 19, 2017

Quiet Weekend

That is what I am having!  After woking 2 - 12 hour shiftsthis werk I am pooped.  And the SOS went out again this morning, but I can't keep going at the rate I have been.  They need to hire more nurses for our unit.  They have let the staff numbers dwindle down to where there are barely 3-4 nurses on a shift.  So much, forvwhen we need 5-6.  People are burning out from working extra.  They need their days off.  And a full time person is already expected to pick up 24hours extra in a six week schedule. This was to be a temporary staffing fix that has not gone away.  I bet you don't see management doing this!  Enough ranting!!  As you can guess, I did not go in ths morning.

But I do have a couple of snap I took from my office on Friday morning when I agreed to cover a shift so a co- worker could spend the day with her mum. One advantage of working before sunrise!





I have been spending a little time in my scrap space slowly working on photos.
The first layout is of Cooper out in the snow, last month.  This year he has figured out playing in this white stuff.  The kids were off school and Kirsten brought them over to go sledding.  We have a small hill in our back yard.  It is awful come grass mowing season!

This second layout is where you most likely see Nic at our house.  He loves anything electronic and has a time limit set at our house!  I was cleaning out the scrap drawer with baby items to give me space for something else.  Figured these were good papers to use.  I like that the plaid kind of matched his shirt.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your sunrise pictures are beautiful!! Your layouts are gorgeous!! The pictures are so adorable!! Love the details you added!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Susanne said...

Those are really cute layouts. On the work front, be sure and take care of yourself during the busy times wehn you are caring for others. My sister who is a nurse is another one who can't say no when help is needed. But she burns the candle at both ends and makes herself sick. I hope you are not doing the same, it is management's job to fix their staffing problem, after all. Okay, if that came off as a lecture, know it was given out of concern. ;-)