Saturday, March 25, 2017

Spring has Sprung!

Or so the calendar says!   The daylight hours are somewhat longer.  Yeah!!!  I hate the darkness  of winter. The temps seem to be warming up.  And I saw my first robins in the backyard a couple of days back.  I have heard them for a bit.

Monday past, Curtis and I did a Lethbridge run for passport photos.  Now to get the paoerwork submitted.  And do a little shopping.  The US dollar is great agaist the Canadian dollar at the moment.  We still tend to see lots of Canadian vehicles driving around Great Falls.  

I have not worked any shifts this werk, which has been quite enjoyable.  Although I did go in for my evaluation and also some MOAB( management of aggressive behaviour) training this week.  And only a couple of short shifts for this next week too!  But I have got more than 100 hours in for this quarter to get the registry bonus.  And Social Security will not be happy with all the money I am earning.  They seem to think I should only earn a certain amount of dollars!  And I am not very good at telling work no, because I know how hard it is to work understaffed.

Got my biannual check up done at the dentist and have my teeth sparkling clean now,  and no major issues!  I am sure we have bought a cow or two for our dentist with the crowns Curtis and 
I have received in our mouths!

Have been creating a card or two this week.  Have my Easter cards all finished up.  Wanted to enter a couple of challenges.....

The first one is with Simon Say Stamp Monday challenge where the challenge was to Layer It Up.
I needed to make a baby card for a gal at work who had a baby shower yesterday.  Here is what I came up with.
I love to do cards as usually the papers come out of my scrap basket.
And not sure who made the stamps.

The second card is for the challenge at Impression Obsession.  
The challenge is (Not So) Moody Blues.  Show your blue projects.


I used their truck die(218-I)
2grass dies(178-C, 60-I)
Fir tree die(084-V)
Tiny flowers die(140-D)
Next time I will run the tree through an embossing folder to give it some texture.  
Have a couple more to share tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

These are both fabulous!! I love the sweet birds on the first one!! The truck and scene on the second are beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Catherine said...

I love both of your cards and the amazing layering you've done on each. The baby card is so sweet and I love the colors you chose and I love the card with the truck and all the landscape layering. Great job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Contagiously Crafty said...

Such cute little chicks. Both great cards. I'm glad to have found you through SSS Monday Challenge Blog.

Tracy said...

Both cards are so sweet.
I had a clean bill of healthy teeth on my visit this past week as well :)