Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kaua'i - Day 10

Curtis had wanted to visit the Queen's Bath,.  The trail wasn't too far from where we were staying.  I came in from my walk and suggested we do trail this day.   The weather was supposed to be great and we hadn't had rain for  couple of days.  But, I wasn't prepared for the trail we faced.  The trail was a steep climb. It was an uneven trail and it was slippery in places. And I was in flip flops!!!!! At one point I took my shoes off and was in bare feet and almost gave up.  Once you got down to the ocean it was uneven lava rock.  Not great to walk on, but much improved to the trail.  

This what we saw once we reached the ocean!

And what did we find in the water- sea turtles.  Later, we found out they have a cave not too far away where they lay their eggs.  

Finally, the Queen's Bath.  We did not hike down into it.  I certainly didn't have the right foot wear to do that and I am not a mountain goat!
Great surf against the rocks
Afterwards, it was time to hit the beach!
















1 comment:

Tracy said...

I am sure you enjoyed soaking your pretty tootsies in the water after that hike.
Such a beautiful area.
Next time…wear your runners ;)