Friday, November 15, 2013

Kaua'i - Day 3

Our day started out with a beautiful rainbow.  I actually saw another one when I was out walking!


We headed south on the Island to Koloa.  Through the tunnel of trees.

To Kaua'i ATV for a little fun! 
Their slogan is "Do Something Dirty". And you do get dirty!!!!!   They take you out to an old sugar plantation.
They tell you to strip down.  Hopefully you have a bathing suit on!  They give you their shorts and a T shirt to put on. Helmets and goggles too! And you get in your little mud buggy.

And you head out on the trail.  For your days adventure you travel a total of 25miles up into the mountains, under the beautiful canopy and by a beautiful waterfalls for lunch.
A tunnel the field workers had to dig.  So the plantation trucks could have easier access to the sugar mill!  There is a single line of railroad track laid so the drivers could find their way through the tunnel with their poor lights.
Look up!
Onto our lunch stop!
And we headed back!  Down the trail.
Through the brush
Scenery flashing by.

To the valley where Jurassic Park was filmed.
Our guides, Pat and Noah
My hubby, as ever, driving and still trying to take photos!
You do get dirty!
For other awesome photos of this adventure check out Curtis' blog at barrowroad.com
Would do this again in a heart beat!




















1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love quading and when I was young I loved ridding my dirt bike…this is my kind of fun :)