Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Mini Album for Hawaii

A couple of weeks from now we will be on the warm sandy beaches of Maui, in Hawaii.
I wanted to make a mini album  to journal in while we are gone.
I actually had one on hand that I had made a few years back when Heidi Swapp came here for a weekend retreat. 


This is what I started with:
Perfect for a holiday in Hawaii.  I love the colours. 
And this is what it looks like now.  The aloha and maui were cut with Quickutz fonts
The travel I had cut on my Silhouette.
And the turtle is a Memory Box die



The first page in I put a map of where we are going with a frame around it. 
Both are cut files from my Silhouette.  I have used the map of Hawaii a few times now.
Also a couple of stamps from Ali Edwards.  


And this is the next page.  The hibiscus is a Memory box die.  That page used to have a butterfly, but I thought a hibiscus was more appropriate.  Will continue to work away on this and will take some stamps and die cuts with me when we go.  And will use this to journal our trip.
The wind has been blowing like crazy today.  I had put a big rock in my bird bath and it is now blown over.  Don't know if the grandkids had taken it out, maybe???  I guess semis have been blowing over on the interstate.  It has been a good day to be inside creating.  Also have been putting photos in my Alaska album and it is getting finished, finally.  Curtis took me out for lunch. 
And yesterday was so beautiful.  We had a high in the 70's.  I got out and vacuumed my car and wiped  the inside down while Curtis did his blood drive to Missoula.  Kirsten had her kitchen filled with Girl Scout cookies on Thurs. evening.  So, have been slowly getting those sold to people I work with. 
And have worked a few hours, so that means $$ for our vacation.   Also heard from Canada Pension Plan and I actually qualify to get money from them since I worked in Canada for a number of years before I got married and moved to the states.  Puts a smile on my face. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, your mini is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! How fun it will be to fill it up!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Susanne said...

Your rich colors here really evoke the lushness of Hawaii!