Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Family Feast

in my backyard.  The other evening when we came back from Helena I could hear the screech of the cedar waxwings out the back.  While I was in the bathroom I checked out the window and, oh, my there were so many cedar waxwings in our mountain ash berry tree.  And the were feasting on the berries.  There are hardly any left on the tree today.  They were having a grand old time. 
One bird really cooperated and I got some great shots of him. 






Have been out mowing this morning.  Swept up all the pine cones.  And then washed down the kids slide out back.  Not sure which was worse- the fallen berries or the bird poop!!!

Yesterday, I was back on the road.  This time with Kirsten and the kids.  We headed in a different direction to look for some back to school clothes.  We went west to Missoula.  The kids were good.  The drive was good.  We went by a couple of areas near the forest fires.  Saw a forest fire camp.  Much cooler day which helped the fire fighting situation. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What gorgeous pictures!! I love Cedar Waxwings!! They usually stop through here in late winter/early spring to eat the berries left on the trees :) Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SixftPixy/Coleen Browning said...

Awesome photos! Cedar Waxwings are one of my favorites! Little masked bandits! They seem to be flying through a bit early this year, or is it that I'm just getting so old the time is going too fast!

Tracy said...

Your photos are stunning of the birds.
I always love seeing your birdies out in your yard.