Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Middle of The Week Musings

Life around here is pretty ho hum lately.  Except that I have worked full time hours this last week and the old body is feeling it.  Since I really haven't worked much in the last six weeks.
Yesterday was a much nicer day at work, thankfully.  Now, I am done until next week. 

We had more snow most of the morning, although it didn't amount to much.  And they are saying highs near 50 by the weekend. 

Have just stayed home today.  Getting laundry done.  Scrapbooking a little.  Lounging in the sweat pants. Quite happy to just putz around. 

Taking care of getting new tags for the rig.  And a phone plan for my big trip. 

Heading "DownUnder" in 3 weeks with my sister.  We have been chatting back and forth getting things in order.  This will be a trip of a lifetime!!  It has been on my bucket list for a long, long time.  I need to do it now!  We start in Auckland, NZ . 
The camera is already to go.  Actually taking 2 camera bodies with 3 lens. 
Making a list and checking it twice. 

And a couple of layouts.
This is one of the turkeys Harlee and I made at Thanksgiving. 
I used modeling paste and a stencil for the first time.


Papers used Echo Park(Reflection)
                    Photo Play- Autumn Day)
                    Lots of scraps to make the strips
                    Fancy Pants flair
                    Glitz Mini letters
                    Ranger Texture paste and Heidi Swapp stencil
                    Tim Holtz distress ink
                    Heidi Swapp ColorShine in Navy, tea and gold
                    Hero Arts stamp and embossing powder

This second layout is Cooper on Christmas morning.  A whirlwind,he is!
Papers used- Bazzill cardstock
                    Echo Park(Little Boy)
                    AdornIt (Construction)
                    Bella Blvd (Halloween magic)
                    Letter stickers from Basic Grey and Webster's Pages
                    Ali Edwards stamps

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your layouts are so adorable!! I love the pictures and designs!! What a fun trip you have planned!! I was lucky enough to visit Sydney a few years ago and travel up the coast to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef!! It's such a beautiful country!! And I got to hold a koala - a definite bucket list check-off :) I can't wait to see your pictures!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey said...

So excited to hear it is not long before you visit down Under! I'm sure you will be really busy but if there is a slim chance of meeting when you are in Brisbane that would be awesome! You have been busy...don't know how you work full time and still create? Really great page, fun photos! Have a great day! hugs.

Susanne said...

I know your schedule can change on short notice, but you must enjoy that "I'm done for the week" feeling when it is only mid-week!

Tracy said...

I love the layout of your little Tornado...such a great shot!!!
I am having some travel envy...we are heading to the US...not as exciting as yours, teehee.