Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day

A quiet Memorial Day was spent at our house. 
I headed out and got some paint on sale, so I can repaint Cait's old room and make it a little more neutral, rather than Granny Smith Apple Green with Watermelon diamonds.  Also picked up a couple of sewing supplies at Joann's.  I have a table runner almost cut out and ready to put together. 
Kirsten and her crew arrived around lunch.  We got the BBQ on and did hot dogs and hamburgers with pasta salad and beans.  The kids were pretty content to play while Tim trimmed some dead branches from our trees and dug up a bush.  Although Cooper thought he should be the one climbing the ladder, so I got out my step stool for him to climb on.  Much safer. 
After they left, I managed to get the rest of my flowers planted in pots.  Hopefully everything will thrive, especially since we got rain last night and it is still sprinkling this morning.

 The Playdoh came out.  This was a first for Cooper and he quite enjoyed himself.
 A much happier little guy.
 The sun bonnet princess
 The view from where we ate lunch on Saturday

 My layout  with Nic, visiting the corn maze last fall. 


3 comments:

Lisa said...

What sweet pictures of the kids!! The picture of where you ate is so peaceful and absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous layout, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cait! said...

They are both so cute. Love that big floppy hat on Harlee. I miss them so!

Susanne said...

It looks like a fun and creative weekend - what more could you ask for?