Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Work in Progress

Ok, ok, so I haven't posted in a couple of days.  But, I have been keeping myself very busy.  Curtis is on his way home from the Flathead Valley.  Just in time for a lovely long weekend.  Then he heads out again.  This time for 3 weeks to Monterey, CA. 
Have been getting ready for American Turkey day tomorrow.  Have done some prep work today-jello made, cranberry jelly made, pie baked and dressing is ready too.

This morning I was awake and up early.  In and out of the grocery before 8am.  I didn't want to be there with all the crowds.  I came home changed sheets and threw them in the wash.  And then I headed over to Kirsten's to help her with getting grandkids rooms cleaned up.  They get messed up so easily. 

Came home and got tomorrow's prepping done.  So, now I can sit and scrap and wait for Curtis to arrive home. 

Yesterday, I managed to get all the little things wrapped up for the grandkids advent calendar.  I needed to get this done, as I will be flying to CA to spend a few days with Curtis while he is there.  That means I will be missing a few days during the holiday crunch.  Good thing I was canceled from work, so this little project could be completed.

On Monday, Kirsten and I hunted all over for a brown T shirt to make Harlee and Indian costume for doing Thanksgiving at school yesterday.  She comes out from school on Friday and says to me,  look nana,  I picked an I.  That means I get to be an Indian for our school Thanksgiving.  So, we had to use a yellow T shirt.  I sewed some fringe on the bottom and Kirsten slit the sleeves and put beads on.  I made her a feather headband.  Thanks for the feather, Auntie Cait and the beads too.  Anyway, she went to school with the best Indian dress ever.  After we get it all done, she informs us, I made one at school out of a paper bag.  You must be kidding!!!!!

In the meantime, I have been working on my Dec. memory book too.  It is a work in progress.  I will show you the bare bones and some of what I have completed. 





2 comments:

Tracy said...

I actually laughed out loud at Harlee's comment. Isn't that just like a child. lOL.

Your December Daily looks great so far, can't wait to see more :)

cait! said...

Speaking of turkey... Harlee is one! But at least she has a sweet shirt to wear!!!