Sunday, November 18, 2012

The NICU is Haunted

I had heard stories from others about this, especially the night shift gals.  But yesterday, I actually experienced it myself.  I have had occasions where the motion detection sinks won't turn off.  But this was beyond weird!!!!!  Let me know what you think!!!

After thinking I was just on call yesterday morning, I got a call from work about 5:40am that they needed me.  So I was there in about an hour.

Our house cleaner was in my room emptying the trash.  And the call light went off in that room.   She hadn't touched a thing.  There were 2 outlets, side by side for the call lights.  The call light cord was in slot one,  and it was slot 2 that was going off.  There was NO call light cord in this outlet!!!!!  And when I hit the cancel button, it would not go off.  So then I took the call light cord and switched it from slot 1 to slot 2 and it finally went off.

Later in the day, I went to take a baby's temperature.  We always take temps in Fahrenheit, but now the thermometer was set in Celsius.

This all was just a little too weird for me!!!!  And this is one of the rooms that they have had issues with in the past!

I will leave you with a photo from Yellowstone from the morning we got up for the sunrise.  When it finally got light we were with hundreds of bison. It was frosty and you could hear the bison all snorting.  It was very cool.


2 comments:

cait! said...

Either haunted or bad wiring. Lol c:

Tracy said...

I really do believe in these things..I have many stories.
Gorgeous photo, I would love to see a heard of Bison. I have seen some on our way to Winnipeg, but they were on a farm.