Friday, November 2, 2012

Who Knew???


Yesterday, I headed out to get some peanuts for the squirrels, as they seem to be making a huge dent in my bird seed.  I also got a huge suet block for them and the woodpeckers.
I have this great peanut ring that I got earlier this  year in Sedonna, AZ from a great bird store when we were visiting friends there.

I also have various other feeders and suet block in the backyard.  At times it is a great feeding frenzy out there.  

 Yesterday, I discovered that blue jays love peanuts.  After a little research on the internet, I found this to be true.  So, they are happy I put the peanut ring out. 







This morning the flicker was trying to figure out where the suet block was.  He was on 3 different feeders before he found his.
Had a terrible night last night.  Had a coughing spell before I went to bed, that made me throw up.  Then I couldn't get warmed up in bed.  Was awake and up between 1:30 and 4 and then woke up coughing again.  I am so done with whatever I have had.  Feeling better, but the cough still lingers!!!!'
Harlee has an early out today at 1:15 and she will be spending the afternoon with her nana.  She has been shorted on nana time last month and we will play a little catch.  It's looking nice out, so maybe she will want to try out the new playground equipment in the park across the street. 

2 comments:

Dad {!-{> said...

Another day at the Barrow Backyard Bird and Wildlife Sanctuary!

{!-{>

Tracy said...

Your cough does not sound good, I really hope you are feeling better.
I love that peanut holder :) We end up just putting them out on the ground...I will have to keep my eyes open for one of these for the cottage.