Monday, November 14, 2011

A Little visit to Festival of Trees







Why does it seem Christmas celebrations get earlier and earlier each year? There was so much going on this weekend in town getting in gear for Christmas. Festival of Trees, the Christmas collection at PGS and an open house at the Charlie Russell Museum.
Our NICU used to decorate a tree for the Festival of Trees, back in the day. They use to be gorgeous. We made all our decorations to put on the tree. We have some real crafty gals that I work with. One year another girl and I sewed and quilted a tree skirt. But those days are long gone.
Kirsten wanted to take the kids to the Family Day they put on. There are a few kid activities to do. My girls used to volunteer at this activity when they were Girl Scouts. And that was back in the day too.
Today, I was canceled from work. So, I put it to good use. I visited the grocery store for a basket full of much needed goodies. I changed the sheets on the bed and washed towels and sheets. Kirsten was here from school over her lunch time. Worked a little on my Dec. Daily.
Snowy on and off today. People need to change to their winter driving habits and slow down. There was an accident on the 9th Street bridge with a school bus. Harlee heads that way every morning, so I am happy it wasn't her bus.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Christmas comes soon enough, I agree there is a big push for it to start earlier and earlier every year.
Looks like the little ones had a lot of fun :)

mehmkefar said...

What fun pics!!